Our firm, KENNEDY GARCEAU, is seeking a Design Manager for one of Canada’s leaders in the construction industry.
The Design Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the design development and technical aspects of a project
- Prepare and set up the design team’s organizational structure for the project. Ensure the professional firms’ mandates and deliverables are established for their services.
- Develop and implement the selected approach for design modelling (BIM);
- Manage the client’s design requirements, coordinate the technical aspects in relation to the construction strategy, optimize the design and review the impact on schedule and costs
- Ensure that the proposal documents relating to the design are prepared according to the client’s requirements by emphasizing the highlights and benefits of the proposed design;
- Participate in the project risk assessment and follow-up on risk elements linked to the design;
- Participate in drawing up the project construction schedule
- Monitor the professionals’ performance in relation to the budget and the agreed planning, and implement corrective measures if required;
- Manage changes and/or additions to mandates along the way by negotiating amendments as needed;
- Bachelor of Engineering, Architecture or related field;
- Member of a professional body (OIQ, OAQ);
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience and at least 10 years in a similar role;
- Experience in civil projects (roads, structural work, public transit systems, etc.) or building projects (all types of buildings, particularly those with a complex architectural nature, sophisticated systems, environmental issues, etc.), in both Design-Build and Public-Private Partnership (PPP);
- Experience in planning and design, design development, and multidisciplinary design team management;
- Experience as a designer (professional services firms) or builder (general or specialist contractor) will be considered an asset;
- Capable of taking initiative, being innovative and diligent, and having leadership skills in design planning and development;
- Good knowledge of virtual BIM-VDC modelling;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Communication in French could be considered as an asset.
Contract : Permanent
Location : Ottawa - Montréal